New York Times, Jezebel, Menstruation Research and see more about Kotex's new campaign here.
In other news:
- Politics Daily: "Massachusetts Study: Health Care Reform Reduced Abortions."
- Big Think: "'Femivores'? Spare Me." I loved this.
- UK Telegraph: The Miss England pageant is getting rid of the swimsuit round and replacing it with a "sports round." Yay to no more swimsuits, but I have no idea what a "sports round" involves. (Wouldn't it be kinda fun it if were like Ninja Warrior?)
- Newser: "Prada Ordered 'Old, Fat, and Ugly' Staff Fired." Oddly, the original article about this (also from UK Telegraph), is no longer around. But still, this is horrible, if true.
- Salon: "Gay marriage's transgender loophole."
- The Independent: "Kidnapped. Raped. Married. The extraordinary rebellion of Ethiopia's abducted wives." This is must-read.
- New York Times: Nicholas Kristof writes about "Women’s Rights as a Security Issue." Also check out this interview (transcript) with Sec. of State Hillary Clinton on MSNBC.
- Reuters: "At 76, Steinem laments elusive equality for women."
- News Junkie Post: "Holocaust Survivor And Feminist Simone Veil Joins French Academy."
- New York Times: "Liz Carpenter, Journalist, Feminist and Johnson Aide, Dies at 89."
- Womenstake: "A Second Crack in the Glass TV Screen."
- ABC: "Baltimore Judge Marries Accused Abuser to Victim During Trial to Avoid Testimony." There is so much wrong with this.