- Yahoo!: "Five graphs show state of American women." This is mostly not good. The news is from the White House report on women (PDF). The above chart is from the story.
- ColorLines: "Rep. Moore Tells Anti-Choice GOP Where to Shove Black Genocide Lie."
- Care2: "South Dakota Bill Would Mandate Religious Counseling Prior To Abortion." I find this infuriating.
- Dayton Daily News: "Unborn child to 'testify' on Ohio abortion bill." Apparently this did actually happen? But I can't bring myself to read the story from it actually happening, because I prefer to believe it did not.
- CBS News: "Anti-abortion group targets House Republicans who voted against bill to defund Planned Parenthood." Shocking, isn't it? (That's sarcasm.)
- NY1.com: "City Council Passes Regulation Bill For Pregnancy Centers." This is, at least, some good news.
- Bloomberg: "EU court bans insurance sex discrimination." Also good news!
- The Daily Beast: "India's Pink Vigilantes." Here's the opening sentence from the article: "Clad in electric pink saris, the all-female gang shames abusive husbands and corrupt politicians. Amana Fontanella-Khan talks to the woman behind the largest women's vigilante group in the world."
- The Nation: "The War on Women's Futures." Do read this. It's by the fabulous Melissa Harris-Perry.
- IndieWire: "Guest Post: Whither the Feminist Comedy Fan?"
- If you'd like, I'd urge you all to sign this petition from the National Women's Law Center: "Tell Your Member of Congress to Oppose H.R. 3."
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Just a quick reminder, you can submit links for this column via e-mail at rosiered23 (at) sparecandy (dot) com, and you can catch up with Spare Candy on Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr as well. Or! Leave a link in the comments! Self-promotion is perfectly acceptable here.